Friday 1 March 2013

U14 surf life saving championships


It was the day I had been waiting for, I was in the sprint final for the U14 surf lifesaving championships. My family and I drove to the Mount the next morning. I was very nervous, when we got to the team tent I put my things down on the sand and walked off to the marshalling tent, I sat down and then the marshals told us what lane we were in “Wesley Akeripa will be in lane 4.

I walked to the arena and set up myself up flattening the sand out, “competitor’s ready, set bang the starter gun went I was off sprinting as hard as I could down the sand beach, I could hear my team cheering for me I sprinted harder and harder, I crossed the finish line whooo! I had victory, the marshals walked by and handed out the place numbers the lady came to me and held up number 1. When I walked out of the arena my mum gave a big hug “well done she said” that was a victorious weekend I said to myself.

By Wesley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment